At what point during the Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony do the tissues come out (emotional tears, not sad tears)?
Believe it or not – it’s often during the Bar/Bat Mitzvah candle lighting ceremony.
But for that to happen – you need:
- A touching Bar/Bat Mitzvah candle lighting speech.
- Emotional & persona Bar & Bat Mitzvah candle lighting songs!
Believe me – you don’t want Justin Bieber playing when you invite your grandma to light a candle (just saying…).
You want a song that:
- They like (or at least don’t hate)
- Matches the personality of the person
- Is appropriate for the occasion (I don’t care how much you like Busta Rhymes. It ain’t gonna happen!)
Well, lucky for you – I’ve gathered the most popular candle lighting ceremony songs all into one place – so you don’t have to spend hours scouring the web trying to assemble a song list.
Remember: These are just recommendations… if you know what songs Grandma likes, what song makes auntie Bracha laugh (or cry), or what boy-band your cousin Rachel was addicted to as a teenager (Nick from Backstreet Boys! I Love You!) – choose them!